Today is my 39th birthday. Over a year ago I sensed God calling me to become a senior pastor. Since then I’ve been actively pursuing senior pastor positions. Last year I wrote a post announcing to my readers that I was seeking a senior pastor position, and that’s still true today. I’ve come close with nine churches this year. I’ve turned some churches down and I’ve been turned down by others. 2010 has been an interesting ride to say the least.
Through the emotional highs and lows of 2010 I’ve learned a lot about myself and about my God.
About myself I’ve learned:
- That no matter how humble I think I am, I still need humbling.
- That I complain too much to my Heavenly Father.
- That I have deeper reserves of faith than I thought.
- That I don’t deserve even the tiniest of God’s graces.
About my God I’ve learned:
- That He can be trusted regardless.
- That His ways truly are mysterious.
- That His decisions are always right.
- That He is more interested in molding my character than giving me what I want.
- That He is far better to me than I deserve.
So for this year’s birthday I humbly ask two things from all of my readers: first, please pray that I will continue to trust God completely. Second, please share my resume with churches who are looking for a new lead/senior pastor. I’m still looking for the right church and hope that I’m near the end of that journey.